This week, I interview my daughters Imogen (20) and Charlotte (17), and ask them for their opinions on keeping children safe from the dangers of the world. We talk about inappropriate books, computer usage, movies, emails etc. while discussing the following points:
- Is the world a dangerous place for young people?
- Is spying on a child justified?
- Does policing children's activities really keep them safe?
- Could it damage child/parent relationships?
- Is there another way of keeping children safe?
- Can children be trusted to make the right decisions?
- How do they know what is appropriate and inappropriate?
- Am I irresponsible? Do I just let my kids do whatever they want? Or is there more to it than that?