April 25, 2016
This week, I'm sharing some stories about the love we have for our children. Even though that love brings us great joy, it can sometimes make our hearts ache. Or the joy of parenting can become buried under a heap of tiredness. I hope you enjoy these love and a mother's heart stories:
If you'd like to sign up for my newsletter, please do. I'd love to have you on my team! You can find the details in the sidebar of my blog
If you feel my podcast is helpful, please consider sharing my link and writing an iTunes review. Let's spread the word about unschooling!
And please feel welcome to comment or you can email me if you'd like to chat or just say hello.
Next week my podcasts will be back to normal. Enjoy your week!
April 18, 2016
This is a special holiday episode. (My husband Andy is home for a couple of weeks because it's the school holidays.)
This week, I tell a few family stories.
- Locked Out, Locked In and Lies
- Andy Elvis Presley
- There's a Dead Body Near Our Running Track
- A Doctor's Waiting Room Education
While you're on my blog, why not sign up for my new newsletter? I'd love to have you on my team!
I hope you'll consider writing a review of my podcast and share my link. Let's spread the word about unschooling! Thank you to my kind listeners who have already done this. I appreciate it very much!
April 11, 2016
This week, I discuss the following questions:
- Are we reluctant to try new things because we fear we might fail?
- Why do we fear failure when we know we learn from our mistakes?
- How can we encourage our kids to give new things a go?
- How do we react when they do make mistakes?
- And are some people afraid to try unschooling?
I also share some stories and a few resources.
If you have time, please consider writing an iTunes review of my podcast. I'd appreciate it very much!
And if you share my link, we can spread the word about unschooling!
April 4, 2016
This week, I ask:
- How do we respond to the critical comments of other people?
- Do our fears about unschooling increase when we are faced with negative opinions? How do we deal with that?
- Are communication skills important? How can we pass on good skills to our kids?
- Is it really possible for an unschooled child to direct her own learning?
- Do a parent's words and fears affect a child?
- How can we encourage a child to write? Would free-writing help a reluctant writer?
- Can a visit to the doctor be recorded as real life maths?
Please feel welcome to comment on this episode. I hope you'll share the podcast link. And if you have time, I'd be grateful for an iTunes review.