This week, my daughter Imogen and I are chatting about unschool writing. How do unschoolers learn to write? We share my writing unrules which are based on my observations of my children who all love writing.
We talk about:
- Imogen's writing story: how she learnt to write, her university degree, how she is turning her passion for writing into YA novels
- How free play is the foundation for creative writing
- How drawing is a form of writing
- How we learn by following someone else's example
- How motivation for writing must come from within a child
- Books and reading
- How English workbooks are unnecessary
- The progress of my unschooling books
- And lots more!
Homeschool Solutions with Pam Barnhill
Books and Authors Mentioned
Bridge of Clay by Markus Zusak
Alice in Wonderful by Lewis Carrol
Thank you for listening to this episode. If you enjoy my podcast, please consider sharing the link so we can spread the word about unschooling. A quick review or rating would help too!
Please feel welcome to visit my blog Stories of an Unschooling Family to leave a comment about anything we talked about in this episode. You could just stop by and say hello. And please join me on Instagram!