April 23, 2015
In this episode, my 20-year-old daughter, Imogen, and I talk about what she wants to do when she finishes her university degree in a few months' time.
- What are Imogen's dreams for the future, and is it possible for her to follow them?
- Should I encourage her in these dreams?
- Or should I point her in the direction of safe and secure employment?
- We all have talents. Are we obliged to use them?
- What might the word 'unworking' mean?
- Using our own definition of the word, should unschooling lead to unworking?
- Unschoolers are different. Can this be frustrating?
- And what new adventure might Imogen and I be setting out on?
April 1, 2015
This week I report back on our recent homeschool registration visit.
- Is it possible for unschoolers to register as homeschoolers and not compromise their way of life? e.g. How can we fulfill strict requirements such as the need to follow the school syllabus?
- Is there a gentle way of changing people's misinformed opinions about unschooling?
- Is it necessary to find a way of showcasing our children's learning when we are dealing with such people as the educational department?
- How did our registration visit go? Did our Authorised Person like my Evernote records?
- And do I sound like an Evernote salesperson? (I suppose I did get a bit carried away!!!)
You can find the show notes on my blog, Stories of an Unschooling Family.