This week, my 15-year-old daughter, Sophie, joins me to talk about unconditional love, respect, and trust.
These are some of the questions we explored during our conversation:
- Should every parent respect and love their children unconditionally?
- Do all children feel loved unconditionally? If not, why not?
- How does Sophie know I love her?
- Do all parents talk to their children with respect? If not, what does Sophie think they're doing wrong?
- Why do parents criticise their children and what does criticism do to them? Does it result in a child trying harder?
- How can a parent encourage a child to overcome her faults?
- Is it really necessary to change our children? Do all children have to be the same?
- What do misbehaving children need?
- Do we gossip about our children?
- Is writing down our thoughts and feelings valuable?
- What is trust? How can trust grow between parent and child?
- Do we judge people on their appearance? Including children?
- Am I a perfect mother? Have I got everything worked out? Or is it okay if I make mistakes?
We hope you'll be patient: Sophie is suffering from allergies and this is affecting her ability to speak clearly. Speaking with a stuffy nose was very annoying for her. Sophie did her best and I'm grateful for her effort.
If you'd like to sign up for my newsletter
, please do. I'd love to have you on my team!